- Part-time Rental Coverage: We are looking for people to staff rentals at our three community centers (East Juniata, Sixth Ward, BTW) mostly during the fall, winter, and spring. Duties include opening and closing the building and staying while the rental takes place. Hours will vary, most are weeknights and weekends. The wage is $9.00 per hour.
Fall Employment Opportunities: We are looking for people to staff for Soccer, Flag Football & Volleyball programs. We are hiring for the following positions:
- Gate Keepers – $8.25
- Concession Stand Workers – $8.00 per hour
- Scorekeepers – $8.00 per game
Referees: Volleyball $13.00 per game; Soccer $10.00 per game for grades 1-2, $13.00 per game for grades 3-4; Flag football $14.00 per game for grades K-1, $16.00 per game for grades 2, $21.00 per game for grades 3-4.
- Requirements: Reliable, Dependable, Friendly & outgoing, Desire to work outdoors or in a concession stand, Multi-Tasker.The minimum age requirement is 15 – must have all criminal clearances.
Dates: Mid-September through the beginning of November, Monday-Thursday evenings.
- BTW Center – Volleyball
- Garfield Park – Soccer
- Vets Field – Football
Pick up an application at the Recreation Office, 2101 Fifth Avenue, Monday-Friday from 8:15 to 3:45 or find one on the About Us tab under Forms
The Central Blair Recreation & Park Commission Board of Directors is made up of the following members:
- Joe Carper – City of Altoona Representative
- Omar Strom – City of Altoona Representative
- Matt Pacifico – City of Altoona Representative
- Kelly Irwin Adams – Altoona Area School District Representative
- David Francis – Altoona Area School District Resprentative
- Phil Riccio – Altoona Area School District Representative
- Tim Brown – Logan Township Representative
- Joseph Metzgar – Logan Township Representative
- Ed Frontino – Logan Township Representative
Click on the links below to view the board minutes from the board meeting that were approved in the board meeting
[May 2022 board minutes
The following is a list of upcoming Board Meetings for 2022:
The board meetings will be held at 3:30 PM
January 19, 2023,
March 16, 2023,
May 18, 2023 Agenda-May.
July 20, 2023,
September 21, 2023
November 16, 2023